Prepare for your guests to break the "one per person" rule...
PREP — 5 Minutes
COOK — 25 Minutes
TOTAL — 30 Minutes
- 12 slider buns, split
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded*
- 1 cup Schultz's Original BBQ or Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce.
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh ground black pepper as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray paper with non stick cooking spray.
2. Place bottoms of slider buns in the prepared baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken with 1/2 cup of Schultz's BBQ Sauce. Mix until completely coated. Spread chicken equally across the buns. Top with remaining bbq sauce.
4. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella, red onion, gouda, and 1 tablespoon cilantro across the chicken topped sliders. Add pepper as desired.
5. Place the top buns on top of the sliders.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
7. While baking, melt the butter. Add remaining cilantro and set aside.
8. Remove foil from the pan. Brush each bun with butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, for another ten minutes, until tops are golden. Serve immediately.
Recipe Note:. If you don’t have cooked chicken, grab 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat until the inside is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Once cooled, shred using two forks.
Recipe & Images Inspired by Aberdeen's Kitchen