Tender chops with a tangy cabbage slaw.
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 30-45 Minutes
TOTAL — 55 Minutes
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 4 boneless, center cut Pork Chops
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 1/2 lb Green Cabbage
- 1 lb Multi-Colored Potatoes
- 4 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Ground Bay Leaf
- All Purpose Flour
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Schultz's Chipotle Cooking Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
1. Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling high. Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces. Core and thinly slice the cabbage. Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion.
2. Add the potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain thoroughly and put into a bowl. Add the mustard and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to combine with salt and pepper.
3. While the potatoes cook, in a large pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add the cabbage, cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in the honey, vinegar and 2/4 cup of water. Loosely cover the pan with foil, reduce heat to medium. Simmer 12-14 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Blend the spices bay leaf, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and flour together until you have 4 tbsp (use majority flour). Brush each side of the pork chops with Chipotle sauce and coat with the spice mix.
5. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the pork chops and cook 4-6 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with cabbage and potato sides. Enjoy!