Sweet, caramelized grilled watermelon.
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 6 Minutes
TOTAL — 16 Minutes
- 1 small seedless red watermelon (about 5 lb.)
- 2 lemons
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Schultz's Seasoning & Rub
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chili powder
1. Preheat grill to high (about 500°F).
2. Slice watermelon crosswise into 5 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices. Cut each slice into quarters to make 20 wedges. Grate 2 tablespoons lemon rind from lemons; set aside. Slice lemons into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Add watermelon wedges and lemon slices to grill grate; grill 1 minute on each side or until nicely charred. Place watermelon on a serving platter. Squeeze juice from a few charred lemon slices over watermelon; add remaining slices to platter. Sprinkle watermelon evenly with salt, Schultz's Seasoning, chile powder, and lemon rind.