Sweet, Salty, Spicy, Smoky and Fresh... these are the flavor profiles that make up this Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts recipe. With this recipe you'll find the saltiness of the crispy browned bacon perfectly cuts through the sweetness of the maple syrup. It's got a kick of heat and smoke from Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub, and a hint of freshness from the sprouts. Many people shy away from Brussels sprouts, but when all these flavors are combined, we promise the tastebuds of even the pickiest eaters will be singing!
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
- In a large skillet add bacon and turn heat to medium low. Cook until bacon is golden and reaches desired crispness. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon from skillet.
- Wipe out skillet, reserving 1 tbsp of bacon fat from skillet and add olive oil. Turn heat up to medium high. Add Brussels sprouts cut side down to the pan and allow to cook without disturbing for 4-5 minutes or until the sprouts begin to char. Once they are browned, flip the sprouts over and stir continuously until they start to get tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Return cooked bacon to the skillet. Add maple syrup, 1 tsp Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub, ½ tsp salt and pepper. Stir until bacon and Brussels sprouts are combined, and coated with syrup. Remove from skillet.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!