Oven fried chicken drumsticks with sweet peach barbecue sauce.
PREP — 15 Minutes
COOK — 45 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour
- Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons Schultz's Seasoning & Rub
- Peach Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup Schultz's Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Schultz's Spicy Original hot sauce
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 large fresh peach, pit removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°. (If using an air fryer, preheat is not necessary).
2. Pat chicken dry using paper towels. Mix together salt and Schultz's Rub; season chicken evenly with spice rub. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; place a baking rack on top of the parchment paper. Arrange the drumsticks on the baking rack. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes. If using an air fryer, layer the chicken in a “frying basket” and use preset for frying at 30 minutes. (You may have to make 2 batches).
3. To make the sauce, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Schultz's Sweet Hickory BBQ sauce, Schultz's Spicy Original, peaches and preserves to pan. Simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Brush sauce over chicken immediately after removing it from the oven or air fryer. Serve immediately.