Deliciously savory, optionally sweet.
PREP — 5 Minutes
COOK — 15 Minutes
TOTAL — 20 Minutes
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bunches of Scallions
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 c Flour
- 1-3 tsp Schultz's Chipotle Cooking Sauce
- 1 tsp Schultz's Seasoning and Rub
- Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Soy Sauce or Maple Syrup
- Waffle Iron or Waffle Maker
OPTIONAL: toasted sesame seeds, bacon, cheese
1. Finely chop the scallions. Beat the eggs and oil together until well combined. Next whisk in the milk, sesame oil, sugar, seasonings, flour, and baking powder until just combined. Add chopped scallions and mix until evenly incorporated. Let batter sit for a few minutes as your waffle iron gets hot.
2. Once waffle iron is heated to high heat, pour batter to make waffles, making sure to flip halfway through if possible. Adjust as needed for your iron and batter!
3. Top with Chipotle sauce, extra scallions, and toasted sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy warm and serve with either soy sauce, or maple syrup if you need a contrasting sweet flavor!