Finally! A salad that's actually a meal.
PREP — 5 Minutes
COOK — 25 Minutes
TOTAL — 35 Minutes
1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup white rice
- 5.25oz of Sweetwood Smokehouse Peppered Steak Bites
- Schultz's Gourmet Green Chili Lime Cooking Hot Sauce
- Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning and Rub
1. Bring 2 cups of water, with a pinch of salt, to a boil in a small saucepan with a lid. Add 1 cup of rice, stir briefly to break up clumps and cover the pot with the lid. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. While rice is cooking, separate the romaine leaves and rinse. Shake off excess until dry. Gather the leaves into a loose bundle and cut across to make rectangular bite-sized pieces, 1-2" wide. Drain black beans in colander and set aside. Dice the bell pepper, jalapeño peppers. Be sure to leave some seeds in if you like it spicy! Chop tomato and peppered steak bites. Cut avocado into slices.
3. After the rice has cooked for 20 minutes, turn the burner off and remove the pan from heat. Let the rice sit for an additional 5 minutes with the lid on. Then spread the rice out on a pan to cool quickly for the salad.
4. Assemble your salad by layering all the ingredients on top of the romaine lettuce. Dress the salad with Schultz's Green Chili Lime Cooking Hot Sauce. Top with shredded cheese and season to taste with Schultz's Seasoning and Rub. Enjoy!