Spicy cornbread muffins baked with sharp cheddar.
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 20 Minutes
TOTAL — 30 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin (or two 6-cup tins) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning, chives, parsley, and cheddar until thoroughly combined.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together milk, olive oil, and eggs. Pour over the dry mixture from step 2 and stir. Continue stirring until combined and no lumps remain. Do not over mix!
4. Fill each muffin cup until about two thirds full. Place the muffin tray on the center rack and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
5. Let cool for about 3-4 minutes before removing the cornbread muffins from the muffin tin. Serve and enjoy!