Schultz's, sushi rice and sweet heat salmon. Say, that sure sounds scrumptious!
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 50 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour
- Sushi Rice (or short grained rice)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Carrot
- 1 block Cream Cheese
- Sweet Heat Glazed Salmon
- Rolling Mat
1. Place the rice into a mixing bowl and cover with cool water. Swirl the rice in the water, pour off and repeat 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Place the rice and 2 cups water into a medium saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
2. While rice cooks, cook the salmon by following our Sweet Heat Glazed Salmon recipe. Prep by cutting the cucumber, and carrot into 3 inch julienne strips and set the cream cheese out so it softens. Combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Transfer the rice into a large wooden or glass bowl and add the vinegar mixture. Fold thoroughly combine, allow to cool to room temperature.
3. On a rolling mat, place one sheet of nori with the rough side facing upwards. Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. Spread the rice evenly throughout the nori without mashing the rice down. Season rice with a pinch of sesame seeds, then flip over so the nori is facing upwards.
4. Arrange the cream cheese, carrots, cucumber and salmon in horizontal rows 1 inch from the bottom of the nori. Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to form the roll into its shape.
5. Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into six equal portions. Enjoy!